Surgical Oncology – Cancer Care
Surgical Oncology is a discipline of medicine committed to treat cancer tumors through the means of surgery. Cancer treatment methods include chemotherapy, radiation therapy, surgery, hormone therapy, bone marrow transplant, immune-therapy, targeted drug therapy and many more.
Experienced team of surgical oncologists at Inodaya Hospitals ensures surgical removal of the tumor at the site of occurrence. A surgical oncologist plays a vital role in providing multidisciplinary cancer care. They are trained to treat both simple and complex cases of all kinds of cancer tumors. Our surgical oncologists have immense knowledge of cancer biology, imaging technologies, radiation therapy and chemical and biological therapy.
- Head & Neck Tumors (Mouth, Throat, Larynx, Salivary gland & Thyroid)
- Chest Cancers (Esophageal & Lung cancers)
- Gastrointestinal Cancers (Stomach, Large bowel, Small bowel, Liver & Pancreatic cancers)
- Genitourinary Cancers (Kidney, Bladder, Adrenal, & Penile cancers)
- Skin Cancers
- Soft Tissue & Bone Sarcomas
- Minimal Access Surgery as appropriate in various cancers
The Department of Surgical Oncology has a dedicated team of highly skilled surgeons with extensive experience in delivering comprehensive treatment of cancer. They perform a full range of cancer surgery and reconstructive procedures.
Common surgical procedures:
- Head and neck cancer
- Breast cancer
- Gastro-intestinal cancer
- Hepatobiliary and pancreatic cancer
- Genitourinary cancer
- Thoracic cancer
- Gynae oncology
- Skin cancer
- Limb preservation surgeries for sarcomas